Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011 in Review

As you can tell, I did not blog. New Year's Resolution #1 blog more (actually not my first). 2011 has been busy... see below.
The year started out COLD. South Carolina had the largest snow storm that I can remember. We were out of school for a whole week...gasp. Kids were bored and mom was out of hot cocoa and ideas. The weather finally turned into spring and spring soccer for both girls. My oldest also tried out and made the Middle School Cheer team with it's endless practices.
Also during the spring we were getting the house ready to go back on the market. The good news is we sold it rather quickly. The bad news was that the closing took a little longer than expected. What should have been a 3 week interval between old house and new house, turned into 2 hours. During the month we were in a rental house (turns out not unnecessarily) We had VBS, Cheer Camp, dad's surgery and my youngest went on vacation with a friend. A quick rush to get moved in was followed by a mission trip to Honduras in July (wonderful trip btw).
This brings us to August, when I chaperoned 5 girls at Mini Music camp, which was a blast! Soccer practice for Shannon and cheer practice for Jansen. Finally school started back, along with soccer and football games. I am very happy that we are a 2 parent household! In October Crafter's for Christ (a group I belong to at church) started gearing up for our annual Craft Bazaar in November. I also had to make costumes for Shoan and me for Trunk-or-Treat at the church. We were a mermaid and fisherman (bought mermaid costumes do not come with enough fabric for a church function). They turned out adorable. One little girl wanted to take her picture with the mermaid :D. Success!
Then comes the holidays. Always a busy time of year. This year was Shannon's first year as a bell for Zion Quartet's Christmas show :). After 4 years Jansen has grown out of the costume :(. Now I am sitting here contemplating the year and drinking my coffee. It has been a good year. May 2012 be better still!
Happy New Year all!

No comments: